Monday, June 25, 2012

Family Tree

Life has been pretty busy lately, so I'm afraid my new blog has suffered :(  My husband and I moved into a new house, so that means... DECORATING!!  I had this large blank wall near my dining room table that I wasn't sure what to do with.  After a trip to Pier One looking at things that were WAY too expensive for me to afford, I decided that it was time for a little creativity.  One thing that I was able to afford at Pier One was the peel and stick applique tree
I also picked up some green drawer pulls.  My husband helped me arrange the tree on the wall and screw the knobs in.  The green knobs were actually my husband's idea.  He wanted them to look like apples.  Here is a pic of the tree with all of the knobs:
I also spent some time looking at picture frames and realized how absolutely cheap I am... haha!  I decided since I wanted them to be simple that I would just purchase some from Dollar Tree.  I also picked up some push pins from the Dollar Tree and some chain from Jo Ann's. 
Now to assemble!  The pins pushed fairly easily into the frames, so I didn't have to use a hammer.  Depending on the frame you get, you may have to use one.  My frames are plastic, so they assembled easily. 
Once this was done, all that was left was placement and viola!!
Obiously this is NOT my family, but that's my next step.  I think we're going to use black and white photos, but we haven't gathered the photos yet.  Here are a couple photos of the finished product:

I love the way it turned out!  And the best part is that there is no more blank wall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment